Monday, September 27, 2004

...in His Law he meditates day and night.

"Praise of Glory" Prayer:

Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity,
Draw me from myself
in a wholly simple and loving movement
that I may cling to our Beloved Three.
Keep me in this great interior silence
that God may imprint Himself on me
& transform me into a Praise of Glory.

Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity Prayer (on rosary beads)

I tried to incorporporate my favorite saint with the two great Commandments and their context. (The Beatitudes) This prayer is for all who are affected by addictions.

First three small beads:

1. "Our Father"
2. "Hail Mary"
3. "Apostle's Creed"

"Glory Be" & "Praise of Glory" Prayer on large beads

Small beads:

1. Love the Lord your God with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength.
2. Love one another as I have loved you.
3. Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
5. Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
6. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall have their fill.
7. Blessed are the merciful: for mercy shall be theirs.
8. Blessed are the pure of heart: for they shall see God.
9. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10. Blessed are they who suffer persecution for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Repeat for five decades & finish with an "Our Father."

Keep praying this prayer until you like being alone in loving awareness of inner peace, and then pray it for those still suffering.

"It is a spiritual axiom that every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us." -p. 90 12&12



2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Steve F. said...

Interesting...although, to be clear, it's only the last quote that came from the 12&12. But the rest is neat, too.

Interestingly enough, when we were in Toledo unpacking over the weekend, I found a rosary, "blessed by Pope John XXIII," that must have belonged to one of my parents (probably Dad...he was more devout than Mom was). So perhaps I'll try your litany soon.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Steve F. said...

By the way, I keep meaning to ask: of whom are you speaking when you say, "blessed Elizabeth"? It may be here, and I've just missed it...I've wondered that each time I come to your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home