Sunday, October 03, 2004

Blessed Elizabeth of Dijon, AKA Elizabeth of the Trinty AKA Praise of Glory

From www.praiseofglory.com (a website for Lovers)

Elizabeth of the Trinity
A contemporary of her better known sister in Carmel, St Therese of Lisieux, Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity seems also to have been given to us by God to announce the Good News of His Love, entrusted with what Hans Urs von Balthasar calls a "theological mission." ...Receiving on earth her new name in heaven, Laudem Gloriae, The Praise of Glory, Elizabeth points us to the Mystery of Christ in our own midst, and the indwelling of the Most Blessed Trinity.

A prayer of Elizabeth of the Trinity
O my God, Trinity whom I adore, help me to forget myself entirely that I
may be established in You as still and as peaceful as if my soul were
already in eternity. May nothing trouble my peace or make me leave You,
0 my Unchanging One, but may each minute carry me further into the
depths of Your Mystery. Give peace to my soul; make it Your heaven, Your
beloved dwelling and Your resting place. May I never leave You there
alone but be wholly present, my faith wholly vigilant, wholly adoring, and
wholly surrendered to Your creative Action.

The spiritual movement of A.A
This Section of A Catholic Page for Lovers celebrates the gifts of Alcoholics Anonymous, and how this spiritual movement might "teach" the Church some approaches that might be fruitful - to the praise of His Glory!
And it celebrates the memory of some great Christians and Catholics who helped shape A.A. and gave it some precious gifts of Christ and His Church. Lest we forget....
May their memory be eternal!




1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Steve F. said...

Thank you, brother, for sharing with us the story of blessed Elizabeth. It helps understand where *you're* coming from to get a glimpse of from whence *she* came.

And your comments regarding AA are so universal - almost every denomination has recognized the spiritual lessons that can be learned from the 12-step communities, even if they are somehwat unconventional (and very unchurch-like, at times). I hope I never, ever lose the appreciation for how communities of faith and communities of recovery can augment each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home